I’m writing as a long-time member of the Beefy DAO, and also a QiDao Qimp, who’s partnering with other DAOs to organise the first ever POAPathon (POAP + Hackathon) event in mid-Nov. It’s aimed at bringing designers & artists to the crypto space through the awesome xDAI project POAP. I believe it’s well aligned with the mission of Beefy to help
its users by making it easy to get a yield on their crypto capital in a safe and decentralized manner.
The event is aimed at being an introduction, guide and competition centered around POAP design events sponsored by different protocols. It will run for ~14 days from around the 12th of Nov and cover the aforementioned design competitions, as well as livestreams, POAP.art pixel party, POAP.fun raffles, giveaways, design critiques and more! It will make use of Gitcoin’s paid Hackathon model to ensure smooth management & submissions, as well as additional visibility through Gitcoin.
This was kick-started by Volatility protocol about 3 weeks back and has since grown to include sponsorships & core involvement from UMA, Sushi, Harvest Finance, QiDao, Balancer, and the POAP team itself, with more protocols to be onboarded soon. Seeing as how we’ve begun our NFT journey in earnest at our Birthday Party, this would be an ideal event to further our inroads into the POAP spotlight and raise awareness about our protocol, products (Moonpot) and upcoming NFT avatars.
The minimum commitment required to become a sponsor is $2000, and split as follows
- 3x POAP Design Competitions, each with $500 worth of rewards (split between 1st and 2nd place minimum)
- 1x Grand Prize sponsorship for $500. This will be used to award best overall POAP design winner across all design competitions.
POAPathon prize funds would be managed directly by Beefy DAO with no middle-person between the DAO and the selected winners of each of the POAP design events we choose organise.
I’m also requesting for a $250 personal grant for time and effort to plan the events, design collaterals, Beefy sponsor Discord channel management, manage hackathon event creation, submission curation for DAO voting, and represent Beefy DAO at the POAPathon committee meetings. I would require assistance in marketing from Beefy’s existing channels, as well as request representation from Mooncow and/or others during the event to livestream/host Twitter Spaces to talk POAP/NFTs and other related activities tied in to our own avatar project.
- Wraithers#0101 - Beefy DAO Representative, QiDao Representative & OG POAPathon planning committee member
- Beefy Support Rep - Looking for assistance from our existing Beefy DAO members working in the space & community management: Frondoto, Dydymoon, Chip, AllTrades, among others
- 15th Oct - Commitment to sponsor the POAPathon team & Discord sponsor channel creation - Wraithers
- 22nd Oct - Outline & define POAP design competition events (theme, submission criteria, number of winners) - Wraithers + Beefy DAO
- 25th-31st Oct - Collateral design drafts/submission Wraithers + Beefy DAO
- 5th-7th Nov - Hackathon event submission (possibly earlier) - Wraithers
- 8th-25th - Event tracking, channel monitoring, design critique calls, POAP guidance - Wraithers + Beefy Support Rep
- 25th-29th - Curation of submissions, delivery to DAO for voting, announcement of winners, collection of winner information & open files of POAPs - Wraithers
- Beefy DAO Awards winners from Treasury
Total cost: $2000 POAPathon event sponsorship + $250 personal grant for time & effort
Risks: POAPathon participation is not very large; submissions are mediocre
- Awareness of Beefy outside of the DeFi space; exposure to many more artists and the POAP community
- Awareness of Beefy’s offerings & products to a whole new prospective, captive audience
- Highlight as one of the sponsors of the world’s first ever POAPathon
- Highlight across POAPathon events as a sponsor
- Listed in the Gitcoin Hackathon list of POAP events
- Opportunity for Beefy DAO members to paint pixels on the POAPathon Pixel Party canvas
- Networking with other DeFi players early in the planning + being known as the only yield optimizer that’s across 7+ chains
- Awareness for our new NFT avatars project, possible whitelist opportunities and more